- As a bank customer, you have the right to financial privacy, and Progressive Bank respects this right. We understand that maintaining your confidentiality is one of our most important obligations. Please read carefully our policy concerning the protection of your privacy.
- To provide bank services to you, we may collect nonpublic personal information from you through the following sources:
- Information you give us on applications or other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us.
- Information about your transactions with other parties.
- Information from a consumer-reporting agency.
- Information we receive as a result of verifying customer information.
- We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our current or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. Examples of when we may disclose information are:
- To protect against fraud
- To respond to a subpoena
- To service your account
- With your consent
- We may share personal financial information we collect, as described previously, to a third party company that works for us to provide products and services for you, for example, a company that prints your checks.
We may also disclose the following information to companies that perform marketing and/or direct mailing services on our behalf or as permitted by law.
Information you give us on applications, transactions, or other forms, such as:
- Any other information collected
You do not have a option to opt out of the disclosure of this information.
- We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality, security and integrity of our current, prospective, and former customers’ personal financial information. We do this in several ways:
- We restrict access to your financial information to those employees who need to know such information for business purposes.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect this information.
- We require vendors working with us to protect your information.
- We encourage you to read the privacy policies of websites reached through links to or from our Progressive Bank website.
The bank is not responsible for the collection, use or security of information by companies or organizations outside of Progressive Bank that may be linked to or from our website.
– Progressive Bank’s On-Line Banking Application uses encryption technology to secure account information sent between our server and your web browser. Whenever you use our On-Line Banking services, our server responds to your transmission and encrypts the data sent by you and then Progressive Bank decrypts the transmission when we receive it. Progressive Bank N.A. also employs safeguards in firewalls and routers that are designed to protect your accounts from unauthorized access from outside the bank. We also maintain a vendor relationship with Jack Henry & Associates to provide for our On-Line banking customers. Their general policy on privacy states that account information is treated as confidential information. Jack Henry’s policy provides that they will disclose information to third parties about your account or transfers in the following situations:
- When account holder permission is given to do so, or when it is necessary to complete a transfer
- Verify the existence & condition of your account to a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant
- To comply with a court order or other legal requirements
- If you have any questions or concerns about privacy and confidentiality, please contact:
- The manager at any of our Progressive Bank locations, or
- Call us toll free at 1-866-235-1923, or
- Visit the “Contact Us” tab on our website at www.progbank.com